Sunday 19 June 2011

FASHION & SOCIETY Photography




MY PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT 2011:

During the course of this academic year, i have been undergoing a Photography project based around the themes of 'Fashion & Society'. My project is based around the way in which FASHION BRANDING has been represented in SOCIETY as a suppression ones individuality. I also wanted to experiment with the way in which i would represent the individual and the fashion items, within an unusual environment.

-----------------

BELOW ARE A COLLECTION OF MY FINAL IMAGES:
(For My Degree & Exhibition)


"The idea of my project is to represent the world of fashion, in the society that we live in today. I believe that Fashion is something that affects each one of us in this modern society. We are subconsciously made to compete and to keep up to date with the fashion trends around us. Fashion is meant to be an expression of individuality, but branding and logos have limited that voice. My intention was to reflect the social outburst through fashion and with the impact of the environment, surrounding my composition. My main innovation was to show fashion, in a way that we are not used to recognizing. I was inspired by Guy Bourdin’s unique and contemporary take on fashion photography, he influenced me to challenge the way fashion can be used as a reflection of social eruption. The unidentifiable individual in my work emphasizes, how the personal identity of a character can be concealed in fashion and society. "








FINAL THREE EXHIBITED PICTURES:






"An innovating style shows the hidden expression and messages of individual outbursts of society through the elements of fashion and environment."
- Karman Rebecca Sangera
-

No comments:

Post a Comment